Saturday, March 1, 2014

Shades of Gray Birthday

It must be a gray thing, because currently I am repainting our coral bathroom (it looks like a Mexican restaurant) to a shade of gray. I love that gray is the new go-to neutral. Although I still love me some Crumb Cake. 

I was inspired today to make this sweet little birthday card by Cas(e) This Sketch #66






Here's the result. 


I love the simple femininity of this card without being overly girly. I used the Sale-a-Bration set Petal Parade in Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, and Calypso Coral. I stamped on a grid card from my Project Life kit and bordered in in Smokey Slate. I wrapped the image in the Silver Twine from Stampin' Up's Occasions catalog. I used a PTI die cut for the "birthday" sentiment and actually cut it from a gray and white houndstooth card from Project Life again. I used my chalk pen to create the lines. I am over the moon about the card. I can't wait to find a lucky recipient. 

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love this...awesome job!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Gorgeous card Amanda!!! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, very visually appealing!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the clean lines, and the colors are the perfect complement to the gray. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is fantastic! I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you added pops of orange and yellow to your card and managed to use the sketch, too!
    Thanks for joining CASual Fridays and CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super fun! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the added pops of color paired with the gray.
    Thanks so much for joining CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete