Friday, September 5, 2014

Hello Fall!

Nothing is better than cool 70 degree days filled with sunshine and beautiful breezes, especially when one has been cooped up with 60 7th graders all week in a hot and humid school building. I'm glad that our Wisconsin weather has decided to give up a break. 

My favorite season is fall and the cooler temps are making me more and more excited for that time of year. I feel bad for people who don't get to experience this. However, I wouldn't mind skipping winter altogether, which is something many of you don't have to endure. There is nothing quite like a WI winter. 

Fall, though, inspired my card today. I am in love with the new Hello Fall set from Stampin' Up and adore the rich colors of Hello Honey and Blissful Blackberry. It also allowed me to play along with Pals Paper Arts Challenge #218, which is in fact a color challenge this week. I also used the Freshly Made Sketch #152 because it offered a very clean layout. 


To create the illusion of DSP, I cut my White cardstock at desired lengths, made a pencil mark so I could see where the cardstock would start, and alternated washi tape from the Fall/Winter Stampin' Up mini catalog to create a funky pattern. I love how if I put the washi tape down wrong, I could easily pull it back up and reposition. I am over the moon about the card! 


6 comments:

  1. I love you clean and simple design. Especially the inlaid layer! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean and lovely, Amanda! Thanks so much for sharing your card with the PPA colors this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I love your Washi Tape DSP! Fantastic way to get those colors in the challenge. Come back and play at PPA real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should love the result it is clean and striking. So glad to hear your weather is improving please send some cool air down to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous! I love the panel you've created - so eye-catching! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, love the washi background. Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week!.

    ReplyDelete