Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hunger Games Challenge


I must say, I am enjoying that Owen takes a longer nap in the afternoon and that I am home now to enjoy time with him, but also time to get in touch with my crafty spirit. With that said, I was bit by the challenge bug once more. I can't help but be in love with CAS-ual Fridays blog of simplicity and cool challenges. This week's challenge (CFC107)was to use arrows on the card. I love their use of Hunger Games analogy for this challenge. 


I have been deeply in love with Stampin' Up's Calypso Coral and Pool Party for quite a while now. So in love, in fact, that I purchased paint to repaint both of our bathrooms each of these two colors. Our main bathroom is now Calypso Coral and I believe looks reminiscent a Mexican restaurant (but that's another story completely.) I used Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, and Pool Party to create this fun, playful "Hey Y'all" card. 


On a side note, my sister and I are northerners, but have been fascinated by southern cooking and the friendly attitude of people who live in the south. I am especially in love with the phrase "Y'all" since it breaks an English teacher's heart for being grammatically incorrect, but just too darn sweet. 

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you balanced the card elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Pool Party is one of my favorite colors and my craft room is painted a color similar to pool party. When I saw your card I assumed you were southern and one of my people. We vacationed in southern Georgia this year (Paula Deen country!) and I came back more southern than I started. LOL
    Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! love the design! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, that is a fantastic melon color! I am so impressed that you matched your paint to your cardstock ... how awesome is that?! Love the embossing on your circle element. A great design all around. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving ALL the elements in here, the banner, the embossing, the arrows, the button, the brad <3 And loving all the colors you chose too <3 Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete