Saturday, July 6, 2013

Material Girl Challenge


I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. I know we did. I have a post coming later for our July 4th recap. However, today's post is going to focus on this week's CAS-ual Friday Challenge (CFC108): The Material Girl Challenge. This week's goal is to create a clean and simple card using material. 


Now this shouldn't have been hard since I have a stash of fabric in my craft room, but it was because typically I don't put fabric on my cards. Immediately I thought that I should make a rolled ribbon flower, but the card felt too bulky. 



I wanted something really clean and basic. I chose two Stampin' Up In Colors, Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe and my go to background Crumb Cake and started playing. I decided that various thicknesses of straight lines felt clean and there was something a little vintage about the color palette. This lead me to using burlap for my fabric...another vintage and rustic feeling. I like the small, basic "hi" message that gets right to the point. 

Although not one of my favorite cards ever made, I think sometimes you just need to go where the card takes you!


4 comments:

  1. Yep, really love your "vintage" color palette! The burlap adds some nice interest to the straight lines. Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design, Amanda! Like Kelly, I love the color palette you used :)
    Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the cardstock colors you used! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and great design, Amanda! LOVE your die cut burlap! Looks great and adds so much texture (aka interest) to the card
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete