Friday, July 19, 2013

Hello 30

Summer is the time for celebrating. Fortunately we have lots of birthdays to celebrate around here. It is always nice to have a couple birthday cards handy in case you need one. CAS-ual Fridays has just the challenge for me this week...it's called Count Me In and it required us to use numbers on our card. 


I actually wanted to make a card like this for my sister's 30th birthday, but I made a different card instead (see Birthday Weekend post.) Watercolors are all the rage right now, but I don't have any. I decided to make a faux watercolor using markers and negative space. 

I printed the numbers 3 and 0 in ChatterBox font at like 125. I cut them out and temporarily attached them to my card. I used the fat end of a Stampin' Up marker and made broad strokes over the numbers. When I was finished, I took the numbers off and walah...a faux watercolor. At least I think so! 


I know a lot of people in their 20's are scared to turn 30. Apparently it means you are getting old. I quite like being 30 so I say "Hello, 30!"


2 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was 30. Your card is lovely and I adore the colors you chose!Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays

    ReplyDelete