Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Blue Ribbon Grad


My mojo has been working overtime lately and I'm excited about it. This is the reason for a double post today. Paper Pal Arts (#163) has a challenge this week to use the following colors in a beautiful card. I struggled with last week's color palette (which was pretty much the same color selection) so much that I ended up tossing three different cards. Sometimes you need to know when to quit. 


I modified a graduation card that I made for the graduation of many of my former students and jazzed it up a bit with the use of the new Stampin Up set Tape It. Although I love this set, because it looks like washi tape, I am finding it difficult to use. I think it is a simple card with a big impact. 


I think that might be all for today! Night!

Update: Guess what? I was chosen by PPA as a winner for this color challenge. So pumped! Thanks to all that took a look. 


6 comments:

  1. What a neat card, Amanda! It's clean and classy. I think you did a great job with the Tape It images. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Amanda!!! Love the tape images!! Grad cards are always great to have on hand!!! Thank you for playing with the Pals Paper Arts this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was washi tape...I had to look twice. Very nice Amanda! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen the Tape It stamp in action until now. Great job Amanda! Stamping at an angle makes this card so fresh! Thanks for playing with the Pals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, so clean and simple. Perfect! Thanks for joining us at PPA 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable diagonal rows. congrats on being a PPA Pick!

    ReplyDelete