Monday, July 29, 2013

Thinking of You

It isn't very often that I make sympathy cards. I prefer to anticipate happier times when I make cards, but unfortunately sometimes the best time for a card is a time of tragedy. My sister Lindsay asked if I had anything sympathy cards lying around of if I could whip one up. Her friend Amy's father just passed away from a long battle with cancer. I told her I was on the job. 

When I started using the sketch from Retro Sketches Challenge #74 



and the color palette from Dynamic Duos Challenge #63


I certainly didn't think I was making a sympathy card. However, the simple layout and fresh green colors are hopeful, but not over the top. It's bright, but not loud. 


I hope that the sentiments of family and friends comfort Amy and her family during this difficult time. 

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty - love the choice of stamp for the challenges. I like the simplicity of your card - it is lovely!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very classy and elegant.
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete