Sunday, July 28, 2013

On the Hunt for More Challenges

I was on the hunt the other day for some more challenge websites. I love CAS-ual Fridays and Pals Paper Arts, but when I am prepping for a new year of stamp classes, I find that these challenge websites revive my otherwise empty idea pot. 

While I was scouring the internet, I came across the website CAS(E) this Sketch! It's pretty cool. I like cards that are clean and simple and these layouts looked like they provided that type of opportunity. Not only that but Challenge #38 this week reminded me of a melted crayon MIY (make it yourself) project I have seen all over Pinterest. This was all the prompting I needed. 


This first card I made used a variety of blue shades from Stampin' Up: Island Indigo, Soft Sky, Pool Party, and Night of Navy. I used the Gorgeous Grunge set and actually made the card look like the melted crayon art. The sentiment is from PTI and it's called Think Big Favorites #1. Add a little rhinestone for bling and done. Quick and easy. I love this card, but I also feel like it looked too much like the examples given on the challenge website. 


So I decided to try again. This time I was back in the Christmas spirit and I took a color combo right from Stampin' Up's Holiday catalog: Real Red and Coastal Cabana. This time I decided to turn the sketch sideways for a different look. I used A Banner Christmas set for the chevron stamp and Sweet Essentials for the sentiment. Again I added some bling and another quick and easy card was complete. 


For a cool and quick sketch website, check out CAS(E) this Sketch!


No comments:

Post a Comment