Saturday, July 27, 2013

Christmas in July

I'm not sure what got me in the Christmas spirit this week while making my card for the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge #165 and Always Playing with Paper's Merry Monday July Challenge of Anything Goes Christmas, but I'm thinking it was a new Stampin' Up stamp set called A Banner Christmas and a bit of new designer paper. 

I love Christmas. All the decorating and baking, but unfortunately we live in Wisconsin and winter lasts for like 7 months. At least that is what it feels like. It's a gloomy day and a bit of Christmas in July is just what the meteorologist called for. 


I was able to use a piece of Winter Frost Designer Paper to use for my background and a piece of Silver cardstock for the flag on the right side. I used the Oh, Hello chevron oval for a bit of pattern layering. A few buttons and a pop of color with the baker's twine make you want to get into the spirit, even in July. 

My favorite part of the card is definitely the silver embossed "Joy" sentiment from the new A Banner Christmas set (new in the Holiday catalog.) I love how the silver just pops, but also fits into the frostyness of the card.  


If Christmas looked this good, I wouldn't mind celebrating in July. 


Update: This card was a PPA Pick this week. Thank you for all your views and visits. 

7 comments:

  1. Amanda, this card is gorgeous!! I love what you did with the embossed letters! Thank you for playing with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for July – hope to see you again soon. Please add a link to my challenge within your blogpost - thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Amanda! Thanks for playing with the Pal Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Ok...Wow!!! What a beautiful card!!! Thank you for playing with the Pals Paper Arts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Stunning yet soft. Great choices. Thank you for playing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and serene card. The sentiment is a perfect fit on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this is totally gorgeous! Love the embossed sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete