Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thinking of You Birdie (PPA164 Sketch Challenge)

I am on such a high right now after being selected as one of the picks (mine is the third one from the top) by the Paper Pal Arts staff. I decided to try my hand at another challenge. This week they gave a sketch to model. A pretty simple one too. 

I decided it was time to play with some new Designer Series Paper called Sweater Weather (from the upcoming Holiday Stampin' Up catalog) and a stamp set I have yet to crack open called For the Birds. I decided to turn my card so it was horizontal for a different look. Once I had all the pieces in place, I felt like it was missing something. This is when I punched some small holes all around the edge of the large scallop and lace some twine within them. 


I like the final look and may even try my hand at (dare I say) a Christmas card. 


2 comments:

  1. So cute! Love how you tied it all together! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love how you put the holes in the scallop circle and threaded right through there...very clever! Thanks for playing along with us at PPA!

    ReplyDelete