Saturday, September 14, 2013

It's Time for a Wedding

Our cousin, Jason, is getting married today and I needed to throw together a quick wedding card. I took the PPA Challenge #171 colors Baked Brown Sugar, Calypso Coral, and Very Vanilla



to put together a simple and rustic card. 


I am a big fan this summer of using Stampin' Up's Sweet Essentials and Embellished Events stamp sets together for weddings and baby cards. They are a perfect match. I love the two champagne glasses and rhinestone bubbles. It is sweet, but not overdone. I also took a play on the sketch and instead of adding brads or buttons (which I was about to do) and I hand stitched twine X's along the two colors of paper. I think it gives the card a shabby chic quality. 

Family is in town, going to eat great wedding food, and can't wait to get my groove on. Looking forward to a great night!

5 comments:

  1. I like your hand stitching on the card! It looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hand stitching really makes a statement...very nice touch! Thanks for joining us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice CAS card. The hand-stitching is clever and done perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the design and hand stitching. What a neat touch! So glad you joined us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job combining the two challenges. LOVE the stitching! It adds both texture and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete