Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. It is another great day in WI. The weather is beautiful. Today my hubby and little guy took me to buy veggies for our garden and flowers for the two pots in the front of our house. Man, flowers are expensive. I can't wait to work on landscaping the yard so we can plant bushes and perennials and be done with the racket. I love buying veggies for the garden though. I can taste the tomatoes already. 

I made a second Mother's Day card this weekend and this time they were going to my mother-in-law and grandmother. I decided to play along with Pals Paper Arts Challenge #203 even though the colors aren't very springy. 


and came up with this. 


I wanted the card to be light and fun, so for the first time, I played with masking and Dear Lizzy sprays. I used the Opaque White and Shine sprays. I like that this lightened up the Navy cardstock and made it its own piece of DSP. I added a piece of DSP from the Retro Fresh pack and a couple copper sequins for good measure. Although I made a little mess with the sprays, I am in love with the over all look. I used Papertrey Ink's Signature Greetings by Dawn McVey again, but this time punched them out with the Word Bubbles framelits. 

I have another graduation coming up soon and I think I could play around with the colors in order to make this work for a guy. 

Happy Mother's Day today! Relax ladies and enjoy yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment