Sunday, June 8, 2014

Father's Day

Nick did not want kids. It wasn't really something we ever talked about. The closer we got to 30 though, I started to get the itch. Unfortunately, he didn't. I had thoughts in my head about growing old and having no one to take care of us, no wedding or graduations to attend. We got pregnant...not planned and honestly, I think it took Nick by surprise. He had no interest in kids and I was scared about what kind of parents we would be. 

With that said, you would never know that he didn't want kids. He is a great dad to Owen. I know that our work schedules are difficult and we are both essentially single parents during the week. He does the work on a mom and dad sometimes and I appreciate all the love and care he takes with our son. He loves him so much and it shows. I know that Owen wasn't really in our future, but once he got here, you could never tell that it wasn't planned that way. 

We both have our faults as parents, as everyone does, but I could ask for a better dad for my son. 

I put together a special Father's Day card for him to show my and Owen's appreciation. 

I took inspiration today from Colour Q's Challenge #244 and from Cas(e) This Sketch Challenge #79



I used Stampin' Up's Work of Art stamp set and Papertrey Ink's Signature Greetings for the sentiment. 


Happy Father's Day this weekend to all the dads out there!

2 comments:

  1. Dudette - I have to tell you that this card ROCKS!! You did an amazing job with the colors and that sentiment and well just a great job with everything!! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a beautiful tribute to your husband! Your card is fabulous -- great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete