Thursday, June 26, 2014

Go Bold...Go Gold

So I was wandering around Hobby Lobby with my little man Owen the other day and I became instantly in love with these cute phrases and sayings that were in gold. Typically decorating with gold wouldn't be my thing, but these totally caught my attention. 

I went back to the scrapbooking department and bought myself some gold embossing powder. I just bought the Splat stamp set from Papertrey Ink and I thought it would make for a really great bold image. 

I was also inspired by Cas-ology's Wood challenge 


and this was the result. 


I used the Woodgrain embossing folder to make one of the banner flags. I love this embossing folder. I also embossed some paint splatter from the Gorgeous Grunge set on the background. I love the look of the gold embossing on the Espresso cardstock. It looks rich and reminds me of the Rolos commercial. I think this card could/would work great for a masculine card. 


4 comments:

  1. Great masculine card! Love the embossed banner and gold splatter! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your deep woodgrain impression. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the gold and wood combination. Great idea. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete