Monday, June 9, 2014

A Busy Weekend

With the school year over, it is time to kick it into crafty high gear. Kidding, but I love that I have a bit of extra time during the day to craft while school is out, otherwise it usually has to take place between 9-10pm. I don't know about you, but this isn't really my best time to think. So...with it being my first official day off for the summer, I decided to whip up some cards. 

This upcoming weekend is going to be a busy one. My baby turns 2 on Thursday. I can hardly believe that time has gone by so quickly already. My mom's birthday is on Friday. We are having a birthday party for Owen on Saturday and Sunday is Father's Day. Way to pack it all in one weekend, eh?

Let's go backwards. Today, I decided to spend some time making Father's Day cards for the grandfathers/fathers in our lives. 

I used a couple challenges and a new Stampin' Up set: Work of Art to make a simple and clean Father's Day card. 

First, the inspiration: 

Pals Paper Arts Challenge #206 provided the colors



Fusion gave us the card layout


and Cas-ual Fridays Challenge #132 set the manly card parameters. 


Walla...a card fit for a father!


I used Papertrey's Signature Greetings by Dawn McVey for the sentiment, some thick twine, and a big shiny button. I'm glad to make a card for two great fathers. We are lucky to have them as grandfathers to Owen and fathers to us. 


5 comments:

  1. I love that you fit a card into your busy weekend! Thanks for playing with us at PPA--come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, you've put all the challenges together so well! I love how you've used the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card will be loved, perfect for the men in your life! hanks for having fun with the PALS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and soft, GREAT colors, and design is FAB!!!!

    Thanks so MUCH for joining us at FUSION - I hope that you are inspired to join us again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty CAS card, Amanda. Thanks for playing along at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete