Monday, July 14, 2014

Fabric Tote for Lindsay's Birthday

Although she hardly ever posts to our blog, (eh hmmm) my sister is a pretty crafty person. She is the mother of 3 boys and unofficially to mine as well during the school year, as she is our daycare. She is a great cook and handy to boot. This girl has got it all. I posted her birthday card last week here and provided the background to the great little lightning bug card I made for her. This girl deserves so much more than I could ever give her. 

I got so lucky to have her as my little sister and even more lucky that as we have grown, she is by far my best friend. I don't know what I would do without her. So even though she didn't know which birthday she was celebrating, (it's her 31st by the way) she deserves a little pampering. I am planning on taking her for lunch and a mani/pedi, but in the meantime I made her this cute little fabric tote. 


I scored this outdoor fabric at Jo-Ann Fabric when a woman put it down at the cutting counter because it wasn't on sale. I had a coupon and scooped it up. It was destiny. I followed the great photo tutorial here and made her this tote for whatever suits her fancy...kids' snacks, sewing supplies, Scentsy business stuff...the sky's the limit. It was pretty easy to make and only took two nap times to put together. That's quick in my book. I hope she likes it and that she has a great birthday! Love you Linz!

No comments:

Post a Comment