Thursday, July 3, 2014

Flying by...

The 4th of July is probably one of my favorite holidays. I love being outside, with family, and especially watching fireworks. My dad's backyard is the perfect spot to watch fireworks from a nearby park. It is close and loud. I love it! Owen fell asleep last year during the festivities, but I don't think he will let the "big booms" escape him this year. 

We are going to celebrate with my mom today and watch a neighboring cities fireworks tonight. I just can't get enough...unless it is random fireworks being set off well into the night. Before we head over for a cookout, I decided to whip up something fun before I go. 

This cute card was inspired by Cas-ology's Float Challenge 




Drum roll, please....


I have had this Lawn Fawn set for a while and when I saw FLOAT, I knew this was the set to use. I embossed the paper airplanes and then I white washed them with white craft ink and a watercolor marker. The circle was made with a mask. I had cut a circle out from a previous project and I used the negative space to sponge the circle. I like that this made it feel light and airy and not heavy. 

What is your favorite part of the July 4th holiday? Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, I love these floating paper airplanes, such a clever take on the cue this week at CASology! Enjoy the fireworks and have a happy July 4th! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very 'float-y' airplanes! Wow, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Love the look of that masked circle! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete