Friday, August 23, 2013

Cupcakes Galore!

Our next door neighbor is having a birthday party tomorrow and she invited Owen to her birthday party. I think this is so cute, even though Owen is only 1. We are not real close with our neighbors, we've always had the impression that they didn't like us...that may mostly be due to the fact that Nick has mostly had loud cars while we've lived here. 

In fact, we didn't know our neighbors' names until more than a year after we moved in. It makes me sad because while growing up we were very close with our neighbors. All the parents got along and all the kids played together. I hate to think about a world where we all keep to ourselves and we don't enjoy the company of the people around us. 

With that said, I keep to myself and hesitated to introduce myself or even have a conversation. I wonder if others feel this same way. Maybe the birthday party invite is a way to get over the hump. 

Since we don't know much about our neighbors, including the age of the birthday girl, I just needed to make a guesstimate in terms of birthday gifts and of course the card. I know she likes pink, what little girl doesn't, and princesses because that is what comprises the walls of her bedroom. 

Pink...I can definitely works with. I decided that pink and sparkly were the only way to go. 


So I took my cue from Sweet Sunday Sketch #191 and I pulled together a cute and very pink card. I used the Cupcake set from Papertrey Ink and added lots of "frosting" which really means bling and sparkle. 



I hope our little neighbor loves her card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment