Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mason Jar Love

Not only is my birthday coming up in September, but a bunch of teacher friends of mine have birthday's in September as well. I thought I would do a bit of sketch combining again and create a couple birthday cards with a hint of summer in them. 

Dynamic Duos Challenge #67 provided a summery and romantic color story. 



Fusion Card Challenge #16 gave us a little mason jar inspiration. Who doesn't love a mason jar?


And Retro Sketches #78 provided a simple, but amazing layout. 


I used Stampin' Up's Gorgeous Grunge set for the background and Papertrey Ink's Friendship Jar stamp set and die for the mason jar. I also used Papertrey Ink's Think Big #1 for my birthday sentiment. I stamped on vellum and then decided to sew the vellum to the cardstock because I never know how to attach vellum without seeing the adhesive. 


Here's a close up of the stamped vellum and mason jar. 


This makes me want to enjoy a cool glass of lemonade in my own mason jar on this very hot Wisconsin weekend. 

Update: You can also view this card at 52 Card Pickup 235 at Old Back Porch. 

10 comments:

  1. Cool, fun, modern card! I love the stamping and the vellum panel. :)
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Summery card Amanda - love the vellum! Thank so much for joining in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweet jar and always love a vellum element!
    Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just put an order in with Stampin' Up tonight and almost went with the grunge set (but I got a PTI one instead!) Looks great with the vellum overlay and the stitching is a gorgeous detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection of challenges, lovely design and I really like the vellum. Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on the sketch Amanda!!! Love the colors, too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now why have I never tried sewing on vellum? Brilliant idea as I always end up with a spot where the adhesive manages to show through. Great card, Friendship Jar is always one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you've done!
    thanks for playing with us at FUSION card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-235.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of vellum on your card, it's just beautiful! So glad you joined the FUSION challenge!

    ReplyDelete