Sunday, October 6, 2013

Color Wash Thanks

Archiver's and I have become pretty good friends lately. I am hooked on Project Life and can't help myself from going there to by more goodies and expansion cards (that I really don't need.) They're so adorable though, so I go anyway. (Currently I am just putting my wedding pictures into the album from almost 10 years ago...maybe I try scrapping each week after the first of the year.)

Anyway, as I was wandering around I found this really cute polymer stamp set by Pink Paislee called Color Wash. It gives three brushstroke options and many sentiment outlines. So I decided to challenge it up again and combine a few to make the perfect card. 

First, Paper Pal Arts Challenge #174 provided the color selection this week with Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz, and Baked Brown Sugar. I was a little unsure about this color combo until it all came together. Now I think it is gorgeous!

Cas(e) This Sketch Challenge #48 provided the perfect keep it simple layout. 


I love how it looks like I wiped ink across the page. I also love how much open white (vanilla) space I have on this card. 


These are exactly the kind of cards I love to make. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice CAS card and great use of the color challenge!thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that colorwash stamp! I find it very hard to get that look with a sponge, brush or markers. This looks awesome! Great job with the challenge colors, too. Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, cool card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete