Saturday, October 5, 2013

Falling Gently Thanks

I love autumn. It is by far my favorite season. I'm sad for people that don't really get to experience it in their part of the country or world. The downside is that this means winter is on the way; and if you know Wisconsin winters, you know that they feel like 10 months out of the year. 

I wanted to embrace this beautiful time of year with a fun fall card. I played along with a couple challenges and I was super excited with the results. 

First, I joined Dynamic Duos Challenge #73. Their color palette this week was rich and beautiful with Cajun Craze and Island Indigo as their two choices. 



Next, I mixed those colors into a clean layout from Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #106. I loved the idea of having a circle behind a simple banner. I chose to paper pierce mine. 



Last, I played with the Friday Mash-Up Challenge #130 by cutting out my fussy and time consuming leaves from Stampin' Up's Gently Falling set. I just love the sktechy look of it and they turned out even cuter once I watercolored them. I also used the leaves as a part of CASology's Week 64 Harvest Challenge



My finishing touch was a "Thanks" sentiment from the Stampin' Up set Yippee-Skippee! 


Happy Fall everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love those leaves and the pierced design behind them! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, what a beautiful fall card...it really captures the rich colors of the season! Love the piercing behind those softly colored leaves. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the paper-piercing background! I envy you living in a place where you experience four seasons! :-) In Brisbane (Australia) it is always either HOT, warm, or slightly cool, LOL! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful CAS card! I especially like the paper piecing in place of the circle from the sketch!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the color combo might be weird, but they look great with that stamp set! And a unique take on the sketch. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! Great job of combining all the challenges! Love the clever way that you used the paper piercing for the sketch components. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design, Amanda. It is like the card was uniquely designed for each challenge. Great leaves to fussy cut and the colors work well together. Thanks for playing along with the Friday MashUp;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great card! I love the piercing in the background. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete