Friday, December 27, 2013

Countdown to 2014

When I first saw that Cas-ual Fridays had a Happy New Year Challenge, I instantly had the idea of a countdown. 


Pair this with a bright and fun color selection from the Friday Mashup using Real Red, Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay, and Crumb Cake with a sprinkle of shimmer (thank you Watercolor Washi tape)



and you have what Cas-ology would call a PARTY!


No, but in all seriousness, my brain automatically went to countdown. I used the Morning Post stamp set to start a number countdown down the side of the card. I am absolutely in love with the Watercolor Washi tape. It reminds me of  confetti. I didn't have a great sentiment to pair with this card so I used, "Hip Hip Hooray" from the Hip Notes stamp set. 


You know how sometimes you have this great idea and in your head it is gorgeous, but once you make it, it isn't quite what you dreamed. That was this card for me. It's a perfectly fine card, but it didn't meet all the hype I created in my head for it. 

Have you ever had one of those cards/projects that just didn't meet your expectations or dreams?

7 comments:

  1. Amanda- great post- so engaging. Love your coutdown and gold dotted washi- super cool card. Thanks for sharing at the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another great New Years card! Love this one, too!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fabulous! I love your countdown. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scrolling countdown. Pinning for future casing! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week - Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!! Festive and FUN!!!! Thanks for adding this super fun countdown to the New Year to the CASology Gallery and joining us in the PARTY fun for this 2 week challenge!!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another FABulous card & yes I totally know what your saying! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete