Sunday, December 29, 2013

Oh, Happy Day

If you've been browsing some of my past creations over the last week or so, you will notice that a new obsession for me in the Starburst framelits. Well, surprise, surprise, there is a matching stamp set called Starburst Sayings. It is adorable and was also a perfect match for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #200 from The Sweetest Thing. 


I jumped at a chance to open my new Retro Fresh DSP. I love the color combo of Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango, and Coastal Cabana. It is definitely retro and very cool. 


This card was a bit of a labor of love. I went a little nuts adding mini rhinestones to all the dots inside the word "Happy." I think it has a cool impact, but I certainly would not want to do this for very many cards. 


I liked the first on so much that I made a second and just reversed the colors and this time, no rhinestones. It is a beautiful card for any occasion. Thanks Karen for a great sketch!


No comments:

Post a Comment