Thursday, December 26, 2013

Enjoy the New Year


I've been under a bit of self-induced pressure. I made a quilt for each of my nephews for Christmas and all my Owen nap time lately has been devoted to cutting, ironing, and sewing. (Pictures of quilts will be posted in a future post.) Don't get me wrong, I love it and the results were awesome, but it left little time for anything else. I'm glad to get to craft how I want to during naps over this winter break. Now if only our dog would quit waking up the baby. 

I went back to my tired and true challenges and whipped up a card to ring in the new year. Thanks to Cas-ual Fridays #124 New Year, Cas(e) This Sketch #58, and Cas-ology #76 Party for the fabulous inspiration today! 






The DSP is a Sale-a-Bration pick called Sweet Sorbet. I love the polka dots. They reminded me of confetti falling after the ball drops in New York City. All these sweet little dots are broken up by a white piece of cardstock and the simple word "enjoy" stamped in Basic Black. To add a bit more sparkle and shine I randomly balled up some new Silver Baker's Twine and punched out star and one single sequin. This was my nod at the ball drop. 
I love this sweet little card and the fact that it could be used for so many different occasions. I love that inspiration comes in many forms. Thank you to all that visit and pin our projects. We hope to have more to share throughout the new year. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Such pretty and perfect New Years cards! Love the confetti paper ... your cards made me smile! :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dots are definitely fun and perfect for a party! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABulous collection of cards. Happy 2014! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such happy fun cards and very sweet. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete