Sunday, December 22, 2013

Paper Pieced Sunburst

So I've been a smidge obsessed with the paper pieced sunburst cards since I first started seeing them on blogs and Pinterest. I wanted to make one so bad, but it looked like too much work. Make a pattern, cut paper, reassemble. Seems like a lot for one little card. Don't get me wrong, the look is worth the time, but I just couldn't force myself to sit down and do it...until now. 

This week sketch from Retro Sketch Challenge #95 gave me the courage to give it a shot. It looks simple and adorable. I just got a new mini pack of paper from Stampin' Up called Fresh Prints, so why the heck not?


I made my pattern, traced it on to the Fresh Prints DSP, and reassembled it on my cardstock. A bit tedious, but it would be better now that I have created a pattern. Now for the sentiment. I hadn't used this one yet, and man does it sound like me. I added a few silver sequins for fun and sparkle and there you have it...my first paper pieced starburst card. Not bad for a first attempt. 


I can't wait to give this to a family member. They would know it was from me before ever reading the inside. Happy stamping and enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment