Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Perfect Sunburst

Before Christmas I was able to do a Stampin' Up pre-order for the new Occasions catalog and             Sale-a-Bration items. I'm so glad I did because over winter break I have begun playing with my many amazing toys. 

My Favorite Things Challenge #156 was a perfect match to a few goodies I received in my Stampin' Up box, like the Starburst framelits. So excited about these. 



Instead of taking the sketch too literal, which I usually do, I decided to think outside the box this time and I think it paid off. I decided to cut the circle out using the Starburst framelits. Genius, right? Yeah, but then what to do. Since I had removed most of the front of the card, I figured I better add a bit of interest to the inside. I did this by stamping Smokey Slate ink on Smoky Slate cardstock using the new Hardwood stamp. Swoon!



It was coming along nicely, but now what. Well I went back to the Starburst framelits and cut out the next smallest. Then I embossed it using the new Dots Embossing folder (another Sale-a-Bration pick). I added a strip of Basic Gray cardstock to the front to make a spot for my sentiment. 
Again, I went back to the Starburst framelits and went one smaller again. Last, but not least, I picked the perfect saying for a friend dealing with a break-up. This comes from the new set Perfect Pennants. 


Simple and sweet. Nothing could be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment