Monday, December 30, 2013

Later Gator

When I first saw the See You set in my preview of Stampin' Up's Sale-a-Bration catty, I never I had to have it. The stamp that says "See You Later, Alligator" warms my heart. So I naturally couldn't wait to use it once I got my preorder. It seemed as though no challenges came up where I felt like it was the right stamp. That is until I saw Pals Paper Arts #185 Sketch Challenge

A sweet and simple sketch perfect for a little alligator. 

Choosing the stamp set was easy, but the colors and other embellishments, not so much. I started with a Pistachio Pudding base, but then I thought it looked too much like my Perfect Starburst card from the other day. So I got our my new DSP, specifically Sweet Sorbet (also a Sale-a-Bration pick) which is quickly becoming a favorite for me. I found this piece with mostly black and splashes of color. This then helped me to decide on a black card base, something I never do. 

A quick stamp of the alligator and a run through the Big Shot with the new Banner framelits, and I was good to go. 


I am in love with this card. It helped me see that not all CAS cards have to be mostly white space, but just open space. I am thinking of making a friend of mine a set of cards using the other stamps in the See You set. Looking forward to using "You are my Sunshine when skies are grey" stamp as well. Happy Monday!


2 comments:

  1. Clean, simple and lets the sentiment take center stage! I am in love with it too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices Amanda, and darling card! Such a cute and happy stamp, it just makes me smile! So glad you joined us at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete