Friday, April 4, 2014

Bundle of Joy

There has been a long running joke at school for about the last two years: don't drink the water. In a school building with a majority of female teachers, the baby bug hits hard. It was wonderful to be able to take time off from school to be with my baby when he was first born, but hard as a teacher to walk away at any point of the school year and give control of your class and your kids to someone else. Fortunately, we have and had some pretty amazing long-term subs in our building. And God knows, middle schoolers can be tough. 

That's why when this combination of challenges came along, it was like kizmet. 

Curtain Call's Baby Booties Challenge provided the inspiration


Colour Q #235 provided a "challenging" color selection (I used Crumb Cake because I didn't have anything River Rock in my stash)


and Cas-ual Friday's #130: Good Egg gave me a bit of added direction


to create my take on a congrats baby card.


I used the Oh, Hello stamp set and Oval framelits to cut out the chevron oval. I used a variety of sequins and the wooden arrow for added elements. I used Signature Greetings by Dawn McVey (love her) for Papertrey Ink. 


In the end, I felt like using Coastal Cabana on the chevron may have been like trying to create an image only 3-D glasses could see. I think I should have done the sentiment in dark brown and create an additional oval layer and Coastal Cabana. Oh well. Practice makes perfect...but does that really apply to card making, I don't think so.

Happy crafting!





6 comments:

  1. Super cute card Amanda. Love the cool embellishments. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda great job with all the challenge, trendy card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call, the colourQ and CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very trendy card for the colourQ, Amanda, thanks for playing with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great combination of these two challenges! I love the colours you've chosen - not traditionally baby colours, but fun and playful, all the same! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to use the chevrons for the sentiment panel! Thanks for playing along at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute CAS card! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete