Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dude, You Rock!

I don't know how many times I can say this, but I loooove Dawn McVey's super cute, scrawly handwriting in the Signature Greetings set. She is fabulous and I adore this set. I love the mix of handwriting with traditional text. 

I've been in the mood lately to make some man cards, as I never seem to have enough around. I think making a good man card has a lot of elements to it: color choice, use of stamps vs. creative use of paper, and how all the elements come together at the end. I think less is more when it comes to these cards. 

I used Cas(e) This Sketch #71 for a very simple layout and the rest they say, is history. 



I used a previous die cut frame (with Hardwood image already stamped) that I had lying around forever. I rounded the edges for a more finished look. I stamped a variety of circles from Sketched Shapes (another favorite) and then, BAM! a cool sentiment like, "Dude, You Rock!" right over the top of it all.  

Dude, I'm in love!


Hoping you are loving all you are creating as well. 

1 comment: