Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pucker Up: A Punny Card

I love a good pun, especially on a stamp. My students and I watch CNN Student News everyday and we always look forward to the puns at the end of the episode. Naturally, Cas-ology's Joke Challenge was the right spot for a sweet (or sour) little pun!


I took a bit of inspiration from Papertrey Ink's Sketch and this month's On Trend topic: Twine


as well as a combination of color combos (they were virtually the same) from Pals Paper Arts #198 and Color Throwdown #286




From this, a super simple, punny card...


Although I love Pool Party, I used it in a subtly in the twine pieces I wrapped around the base of the card. I love twine as it provides an alternative to bulky ribbon. I first took and inked up the lemon stamp (from the Crazy, Mixed-Up Love set) with Daffodil ink and then rolled the edges in Summer Starfruit to get a bit of dimension. A little yellow button to tie it altogether and wahlah!

Have a "pun"tastic day my friends. 

11 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I love the way you "tied" this altogether! Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Love the lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the CAS look and the "punny" commentary! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the punny joke card - great use of the colours and the shading on the lemon is lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card...I just love how you added the sentiment to the lemon...sooo fun!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't beat a great pun. Great card too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!! Love your lemon and sentiment!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made me smile and you made me pucker up! Thanks for playing in the Pals Paper Art Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card (love that lemon with the pucker up sentiment)! Thanks for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete